Ermentrude, Countess of Montbéliard, founded a priory in 1105 in Froidefontaine. She then established the monks of Cluny. The church is an integral part of the priory and dates back to this time. The apse and central nave are Roman. It houses nine stained-glass windows which were fitted in 1946, the bell which was certified in 1682 and a gravestone in the nave dating from 1527.