Started in 1831, of roughly triangular shape, this was a bastion fort with a cavalryman, meant to hold a dozen outdoor canons. On the west bastion is a watch tower. It was hit by bombs in 1870-1871 and in 1940, but was re-built each time, more for sentimental reasons than military. In fact, before the fort was built, the site had already had an old stone tower built on it, whose purpose was uncertain, but this site has become a real symbol for the people of Belfort.
- Secondary type: castles and defense sites