Historic tour of Giromagny

Historic tour of Giromagny

Historic tour of Giromagny

Details

The town of Giromagny, former seigniorie of Rosemont which came into Austrian possession under the Hapsburgs in 1348, is personified by its mining past. Lead, copper and especially silver to mint money were extracted here. This industrial pole, seat of justice of the Alsace and Sundgau mines as from 1561, numbered more than 1,500 inhabitants whereas Belfort could only count a third of this figure.After this industry was stopped in 1791, farming became the main activity, to be completed in the second half of the nineteenth century by the textile industry.

Profile

  • Level of difficulty: Easy
  • Distance: 3.5 km
  • Duration: 1h30
  • Municipality of departure : GIROMAGNY
  • Municipality of arrival : GIROMAGNY

Reviews

Add a review

And...

Our suggestions